How to Protect Yourself and Prepare for the Corona Virus?
We all must have heard about the deadly virus which has caused chaos and stress all over the world. This is not something anyone should take lightly. Covid-10 or the Corona Virus has taken over 20,000 lives from all over the world. The virus started in a province of China called Wuhan and spread all over the world. Covid-19 is said to be a respiratory disease which is easily spread even through physical contact. This virus is extremely contagious.
The symptoms of the virus include cold, cough, fever and shortness of breath and fatigue. It is a severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). The outbreak of the virus all over the world has caused a global pandemic in March 2020. World Health Organization (WHO0 has declared Covid-19 outbreak a pandemic. The WHO and U.S Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are monitoring the situation, taking care of the patients, testing patients who are facing the symptoms and are trying their best to come up with a cure and vaccine.
We’re providing you with some information regarding the Covid-19 and recommending some preventive acts. Go through this and hope for this outbreak to end soon because the world is going crazy with it.
How Does Corona Virus Spread?
Corona Virus is a contagious virus. It spreads through social contact. It spreads through touch and being near people. It spreads for people who are close to each other physically. It spreads through respiratory droplets which is infected through someone’s cough or sneeze. The doctors yet failed to tell how contagious the virus exactly is.
What Are The Symptoms of Corona Virus?
The Covid-19 symptoms are very obvious. One can easily detect them. It includes a mild to severe fever, cold, dry coughs, shortness of breath and fatigue. The symptoms are visible from two to fourteen days in the person exposed to the virus. On the other hand, some people may show and feel no symptoms at all, in some cases.
How Can You Cure or Prevent Covid-19?
According to the doctors, no cure is yet available but the WHO and other experts are working on the development of a vaccine for corona virus. No anti-viral medication is yet being prescribed to the patients to treat Covid-19. Treatment is directed at relieving the symptoms.
How Can We Avoid Getting Sick?
The World Health Organization and CDC has recommended some precautionary measures that you should take in order to avoid getting in contact with the viral.
- Ensure not being in massive gatherings and events.
- Avoid close contact with people. Ensure a distance of 6 feet or more with anyone who is facing the symptoms or is sick.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds and was frequently.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Ensure that the sanitizer has 60% or more alcohol level.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when you sneeze or cough. Make sure to get rid of the tissue paper.
- Don’t touch your eyes, mouth or face anytime when your hands aren’t clean.
- Ensure clean surrounding. Clean the surfaces with alcohol which are used on daily basis.
WHO cares about the health of every individual in the world. Some precautionary steps by WHO are;
- Avoiding eating raw or under cooked animal meat organs.
- If you absolutely have to go to live market areas, ensure wearing a mask at all times and avoid physical contact with the animals. Don’t stand near them and wash yourself when you’re back home.
If you are of old age or have a chronic medical condition, make sure to pay a visit to your doctor to ensure that everything is alright.
What Shouldn’t I Do To Protect Against The Corona Virus?
CDC does not recommend people who are healthy and young to wear masks over their faces all the time. Wear that only if your doctor suggested you to.
Can I Travel?
It is better not to travel in this outbreak but if you really have to, check the WHO or CDC website for updates and advice. Also ensure looking for health advisories to the particular place that you have to travel to.
If I Feel The Symptoms, What Should I Do?
Ensure the above mentioned precautions to stay away from Corona Virus. Make sure to wash your hands frequently, eat healthy food, covering your mouth whilst sneezing or coughing and avoid social gatherings at all cost. If you still feel the symptoms of Covid-19 follow the below mentioned steps;
- Contact your doctor as soon as possible, if you feel the symptoms or think that you may have been exposed to the virus.
- Tell your doctor about your recent whereabouts, to any live animal or other gatherings as said by the WHO or CDC.
- Tell your doctors about recent close physical encounters with people who might have Covid-19.
- Inform the doctors before going to the hospital so they can take precautionary measures so no one else gets affected.
If you are diagnosed with the Covid-19, ensure to take the following steps.
- Stay in self-isolation. Work from home and avoid public areas at all cost to avoid further spreading the virus.
- Avoid taking public transportation whilst travelling to get medical help.
- Stay in an isolated room, away from your family and pets. Make sure to wear a mask when you go out or people come in. Make sure to stay at least 6 feet away from others whilst making contact with them.
Make sure you have separate dishes, glasses, cutlery, bedding, towels and other households. Do not share your stuff with others to avoid them from getting the virus.